Friday, January 4, 2008

hello oh eight

Check out two new poems in Hobble Creek Review, alongside my fellow poets Pam Anderson and Sara Tracey. (Clevelanders may recognize Tremont in one poem, Euclid Beach in the other.)

Obama and Huckabee. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. A good speaker and a frank talker. Maybe it's all about verbiage, since we haven't had a coherent leader in awhile. Perhaps we like to hear people speak in full, hearty sentences. I'd like to believe in Obama, but am afraid he'll have to compromise at every turn, once he's among the slugs.

Oh yeah, we rang in the new year with the best of friends, excellent food, good drink, and a bit of buckshot falling out of the sky. After all these years still not used to the weapon-firing bonanza in the city at midnight.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Oooh, I love the new look! And the poems in HCR. Congrats.

mydisguises said...

I love the green! Now I want green! It's way better than mango/squash/whatever.....yeah, i'd like to believe in obama, but he still seems fake to me, like somebody said "say 'candidate of change' a lot'" and now he does and he won a prize. oh boy. also, he'll probably pick oprah as his running mate. god save us.